Información sobre este anuncio
Kula Jasmine, with its view overlooking Maui, has been the home and art studio of world-renowned artist Curtis Wilson Cost since 1984. The home is secluded on 5 acres of pastoral land yet close to all that Maui has to offer. Located at 3,300 ft. on the slopes of Haleakala it has been the setting for many of Mr. Cost’s original paintings.
The Cost’s welcome guests through a gorgeous garden entry into their own private and tranquil area of the art studio. This is a real upcountry experience.
Jasmine Studio is the downstairs of the main house and is completely private with its own separate entrance, a secret garden overlooking a panoramic view and separate secure parking area on the premises. It also has its own bathroom, kitchenette, and additional hot outside shower. No key is necessary as you will be given your own personal passcode. Our studio is for 1 to 2 non-smoking adults that are looking for tranquility. Those wanting to party will want to find another location as the owners value the peace and quiet. We offer a private studio in a pastoral setting unlike a hotel. One of the biggest differences is that Upcountry Maui is usually cooler than sea level. It is the perfect gateway location to numerous Upcountry Maui adventures. Horse backing riding, sunrises and sunsets on Haleakala, hip Paia town and beaches 35 minutes drive, wine tasting in Ulupalakua and the shortest distance for exploring the magic of Kipahulu and Hana. We are just far enough away from the city lights that it is the perfect place for stargazing.
• Private 300 square foot room with kitchenette & bathroom
• World class view overlooking Maui
• Private entrance and cosy sunset terrace with seating
• On-site safe parking
• Situated on 5 acres with mature avocado, orange, banana, lemon & lime and the oldest fig trees in Kula.
• Native Hawaiian forest of 300 plus trees
• Quiet and Peaceful
• Brand new queen sized bed with 3" memory foam topper
• 100% cotton sheets and duvet cover
• French Press
• Electric Kettle
• Drip Coffee Maker
• Under-counter refrigerator
• Plates, bowls, coffee mugs, utensils etc.
• Coffee, tea & creamer upon request
• Brita Water Filter
• Flat Screen Smart TV with access to Netflix etc.
• Bath & Beach Towels
• Cooler for picnics
• Additional hot outside shower
• Hair Dryer
• Double Opposing Shower Heads
• Space Heater (during the winter)
• Fans (during the summer)
• Smoke & CO2 Detector and fire extinguisher
• Very high speed wifi
• Plenty of charging outlets including powered USB for phones and tablets
• 35 minutes from Kahului Airport
• 35 minutes drive to beaches on North shore and Paia town
• 6 minute drive to gas and a little market for beer and snacks, and Grandma's Coffee House, open 7 days a week, from 7am to 5pm and open for dinners Wednesday through Saturday 5pm-8pm. Everything is baked fresh.
• 6 minute drive to O'o Farm tours (great place for a luncheon)
• 7 minute drive to Kula Bistro
• 8 minute drive to La Provence Restaurant
• 5 minute drive to Kula Botanical Garden
• 7 minute drive to Kula Ali'i Lavender Farm
• 19 minute drive to Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery
• 18 minute drive to Maui Winery
• 18 minute drive to Surfing Goat Nursery
• 18 minute drive to Makawao town
• 45 minutes drive to Haleakala National Park Visitor Center
• 47 minute drive to Poilipoli Springs (great hiking and picnicing)
• Gateway to the fast way to Hana. Only 1 hour 19 minutes to Seven Sacred Pools (Kahawai O' Oheo)
Servicios y zonas comunes
Jasmine is reached via an ivy covered redwood foot bridge fringed by banana trees. The entire lower garden and entrance is private with is own secure parking.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live here year-round or have a house sitter when we are off-island. Someone will always be available for assistance.
Otros aspectos destacables
Check in is at 3:00 p.m. and Check out is at 11:00 a.m.
We are a permitted Bed & Breakfast.
This place is for 1 to 2 non-smokers that are looking for peace and quiet. Those wanting to party will want to find another location as the owners value their privacy and quiet.
Puedes cancelar hasta 7 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso del 50 %, más las tarifas de servicio.
I have lived in the Islands since 1960. My husband and I met on Oahu. We moved to Maui in 1973 where he began his art career. In 1984 we opened The Curtis Wilson Cost Gallery at the Kula Lodge. It is now the longest running one-man gallery in the State of Hawaii.
We love to travel and stay at Airbnb's. These experiences have laid the foundation for our Kula Jasmine Studio. We wished to offer an authentic Upcountry Maui alternative to the hotel option. There are so many wonderful things to do on the slopes of Haleakala and we enjoy sharing Maui with our guests.